1. Cost of Metal?.The cost of a metal roof cannot be readily compared to asphalt for various reasons.
When considering metal vs. Asphalt, you are basically choosing between an investment (metal) over
an expense (asphalt).
2. Is a metal roof hot?Metal reflects 70% of the sun's energy. This minimizes heat retention and as a
result less heat is transferred into the building's structure. Metal roofing offers a similar effect on R-11
insulation on top of the roof during sunny day conditions
3. Will my metal roof rust?Today's metal roofing systems are built to last. It's metallic coating prevents
rust from forming and is bonded to the steel at the factory. Paint is then applied over the metallic
coating to provide the long-lasting color homeowners desire
4. Will hail dent my metal roof?A metal roof can withstand decades of abuse from extreme weather
like hail, high winds, and heavy snow. They also have a 120-mph wind rating (equal to an F2
tornado), meaning your metal roof is also safe from wind gusts that can accompany hail storms.
5. Do I need to remove my existing roofing material?One of the benefits of metal roofing is that it is
lightweight, which allows it to be installed over existing roofing material. However, the answer to this
question ultimately depends on your local building code requirements and the condition of your
current roof's substructure.
|Call 210-341-7663 for a Metal Standing Seam Estimate
Click below for Contact Form
Click Here for Contact form
|"We Do Roofing Right"
|San Antonio Roofing Company Inc. 8800 Starcrest San Antonio Texas 78217